Sep 19, 2011

Fall Festivities

A local park hosted an Under the Stars Family Camp Out this past weekend, so the Brown family packed up and headed down the road for the night.  Last year, Josh and Noah did it alone and I stayed home with a 2 yr. old Anna.  THIS year, I thought we could all manage nicely.  And we did. Josh and Noah went early to set up camp.


It was a fun time and we enjoyed the evening even more as several other friends were there with us as well.


Josh served us up some smokin' hot-dogs and smores from over an open-fire and we dined nicely on bales of hay.


Noah and Anna had a blast playing football and light-sabres with their buds.  Noah, all boy, went full force in his Jedi duels before AND after he tripped over a tent peg and got a bloody lip.


The night wrapped up after an outdoor movie.  Everyone got to sleep fine, but by 2:00 the cold was taking a toll on Noah's breathing/coughing, so I dragged the boy back home so as not to wake up all the other families camping out with us.  I laughed at this because I did not expect Anna to be the one to tough it out all night.  She was awesome!

The next day, Noah's school held a small Fall Festival.  The highlight of the games and jumps and pony riding they did was Noah getting his face painted.  He has asked me to post this picture here and to send a copy to his teacher. :)


Finally, in other fall news, Halloween came early to our home today when Anna spotted the biggest spider and web than I have seen in a long time.  Its web adorned the column on our front porch and stretched up perfectly to the roof.  It was like the spider knew JUST how to spooky up the place.  I quickly fogged him up real good with half a can of spider spray and as he lay dying, I snapped a picture for your viewing pleasure.


Eeeek, is all I have to say about that!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad y'all had fun camping, and am bummed that we missed it this year. I told James we must go camping SOON!

Unknown said...

We NEEEED to do a fall camp out before it gets away from us. Doing it with some friends definitely sounds like the ticket. Sorry that Noah couldn't wake up in his tent though.
Jacob would LOVE that giant spider. We had one to build a web tunnel in a shrub and he checked on that thing every chance he got. Anna's face is priceless...showing her distaste for it, clearly! :-)

Emily said...

1. I think you need to give anna something sweet to eat before picture taking :) LOL. Surely that would bring a grin out :)
2. LOVE the way Anna cut her eyes toward Josh in the food on the bale of hay.
3. I WANT that AU outfit in it's entirety Jeans and all, when Noah outgrows it (I'll even pay whatever consignment price you'd have put it up for just to make you feel better about giving it away :))
4. I really like Noah's hair(cut?), and the length is perfect. Sweet looking little boy.

Kimberly said...

You want those jeans with the worn out knees?! Methinks not. But yes, I will certainly save you the Auburn hoodie (that a friend scored for me last week for only $4! at a consignment sale - you would laugh at the coversation on my FB page). How fun to have a little family member to save hand-me-downs for now!

Kimberly said...

And it's so funny you mention liking Noah's hair. I've been telling Josh for a couple weeks now that it NEEDS to be cut. :)

Emily said...

THanks!!! I dont' think the jeans look that bad, but ok whatever :)

And yes I like Noahs' hair. I think that's a perfect length, no shorter no longer. But you're his momma and you're the one that has to manage it :)
Lee has said he's gonna try to grow his hair out some .... I'm pretty excited about it :)