Sep 11, 2011

Warning: Lack of Order Ahead

Noah has a couple new Potato Head toys and accessories thanks to my killer consignment shopping skills.  One of them is Darth Vader.  But for some reason, Noah fails to see the humor in my laughing and calling that Potato Head, Darth Tater.  Sigh; humor is lost on the young.

I sold $663 of stuff at our MOPS Consignment Sale this week. My 70% off that that I get to keep is $463, minus an $8 fee for selling there.  This is the most I have ever made at one sale and I am so pumped about it.  I still have a little over half my stuff left to sell in two more sales coming up this month.  The next one starts tomorrow for drop off.  But first I will spend all of today adjusting prices on a good number of my goods. :)

Needless to say, things are BUSY around here.  September is just plain busy.  And we don't even have a soccer season to contend with!  I don't even have time to worry about having to speak at MOPS next week.  All of such fretting will have to wait for the weekend.  A weekend which is already marked for a family camp out at the park and Noah's school's Fall Festival.  And football, of course!

Anna's birthday is in 2 weeks!  I have got some present wrapping to do and some birthday blogging to do, too.  And some birthday cake details to nail down, too.

It took me an entire week to contend with and finally conquer the dishes/dishwasher situation in our kitchen.  Small Kimmie fact - emptying the dishwasher is my least favorite chore.

I've had to go round and round with Noah's teacher and the principal again, but it seems we have a solution that is workable and careful about Noah's peanut allergy in the cafeteria.  If this ends up not panning out, then the next step is to have to go the "peanut-free table" route.  Here's a shot I forgot to post before.  It's Noah's little person that hangs in his classroom.  He's holding a Lego man and a piece of his Super Mario Bros. game box. :) 


MOPS has gotten off to a great start on so many different levels.  I am not as anxious about being on Steering Team, I have my first two crafts done so I feel better prepared for the job (I am in charge of Creative Activities), and I LOVE the friends I have at my new table.  Additionally, I love how Anna is making friends of her own, starting with this little smiley one who belongs to my table leader.


Got nothing to say about this picture.  I just like the light and the little people it is shining on.


EVERY DAY, the tradition when Josh gets home is for the kids to run and hide til he finds them.  And usually they hide in the same 2 places:  behind this curtain and/or behind the armoire door.  I have a real soft spot for this little family tradition.

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I love these little glimpses into your lives.
Busy? That's something I understand. Would kill for a nap right now, but got church and school stuff to finish and have to get ready for work and school tomorrow.

Emily said...

awe Brooklyn and Nat used to do the very same thing when Lee would come home. Hear the garage open and take off to hide so he could find them first thing. Sweet!
Way to go on the sale! I'm a little jealous! But totally impressed :)
Fun post.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Love that you snapped a picture of your family tradition.

Am amazed that you did so well at the consignment sale. Wow!

Hollie said...

That's funny, my kids hide from Jared everyday too! And always in the same place. Must be a daddy/kid thing. I love it!