Sep 29, 2011

Table Taa Daa

I finally wrangled Josh (and the kids) into kitchen table hunting with me one Saturday last month and we ran ALL OVER town looking for just the right black pedestal table that I had in mind.  We never found anything close to what I was looking for.  And even when we thought we'd come close, the quality was far too cheap to drop $400 on.  So in the end, and still that same day, we bought an old, used, donated table off a listing from a local craigslist-esque FB group I am a part of.  Though we think we might have overpaid for it ($75), at least it is sturdy and the proceeds went toward the seller's adoption of an older child from Haiti.

Before:


After:


Josh sanded, we both puttied, I painted.  Now it just needs a good slathering of polyurethane and we'll be good to go. 

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I bow in humble reverence to your thriftiness, determination, and craftiness!

Seriously, it looks great. Love it and can't wait to put my feet under it.

Kimberly said...

That was my deadline for getting this found and/or done. It had to be ready by Thanksgiving! ;)

Rebecca Bowles said...

Kimberly! Your table looks amazing! Great job girl :)

Emily said...

Nice :)

Kimberly said...

Thanks, guys!!