Sep 21, 2011

Birthday on the Brain

Every day, multiple times a day lately, Anna will put a hand on each side of my face to make me look at her and she'll say, "Mommy, I want tell you sumping."  "Ok," I say.  And then she says,  "Wet's talk about my birthday."

And so we do.  We talk about the pink birthday hat, balloons, and streamers she wants and how she wants to help me decorate, thankyouverymuch.  We talk about how Mimmie and Papa are coming to celebrate with her and sing to her.  We talk about how I have already wrapped all her presents and an extra present for Noah to enjoy.  We talk about what she would like me to use (stickers) on her "birthday wrappings." We talk about how Mrs. Becky is making her cake. And we talk about how we are going to play at Monkey's Treehouse and how, yes, that sounds a lot like Monkey Joe's.  And if Anna is still listening, we talk about how Chewie had a birthday this summer and how he turned three, too, but we don't celebrate dog birthdays like we do little girl birthdays.

So while we're riding the birthday train this week, I went ahead and got into the birthday girl's brain and asked her the usual Birthday Survey questions.

Anna, who will turn three this weekend, has all the following favorites:
  • Color?  pink
  • Food? Sgebbios (Spaghettios), bread, cheese
  • Fruit? strawberries and cantaloupe
  • Candy? chocolate kisses
  • TV Show? Caillou
  • Game? chase
  • Toy? dress up and play kitchen stuff (especially birthday/tea party)
  • Place to play? Monkey Joes
  • Friend? new friend at MDO, Kendall (she says it like "candle")
  • Bible Story? reading from Noah's bible book about telling the truth
  • Song? ABC's, Twankle, Twankle Little Star (Twinkle, Twinkle ...)
  • Movie? Sweeping Booty (Sleeping Beauty)
  • Snack? cookies
  • Part of the Day? lunch
  • Word/Thing to Say? I'm a fwippy, fwoppy girl! (flippy, floppy)
  • Store? Pugwix (Publix)
  • Restaurant? Chick Away (Chick Fil A)
  • Book? Princess book (Josh/I avoid it like the plague, we read it so much!)
  • Future Occupation?  Drive an ice-cream truck
  • Birthday Wish List Item?  Bunch of make-up!

6 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Oh, Anna, those are some of my favorites, too! Especially Publix, Chickfila, and make-up.


I love that she knows exactly what she wants even as she is a fwippy fwoppy girl.

Happy early birthday!

Emily said...

what fun!!!!!!!!! I love love LOVE the fwippy fwoppy girl part! So hilarious! She must REALLY hear that a lot! :) lol! 3rd birthday is when it gets fun....she KNOWS it all about HER this time around :)

Kimberly said...

It is a fun birthday concept to behold - her getting her brain around the fact that it's all about her. :)

Unknown said...

Love her answers..."sweeping booty"! hahahaha

I love that photo of her too! So cute!

Memaw said...

Tell Anna, in her birthday talks, that Memaw is thinking about her birthday, too. There is a package coming in the mail, so she will have that to look forward to. Tell her that Papa John and Memaw would like to be at her birthday party but it is too far to drive, so we will see her and Noah at Thanksgiving time very soon. Tell her that Memaw and Papa John love their little "three" year old beautiful little princess granddaughter. Love you, Anna B.

Kimberly said...

I will! I will give her all that sweet Memaw love and I will tell her the big part you played for our family on the day she was born. :) She likes to be told about that day a lot lately, too. :)