Sep 30, 2011

Recipe: Skinny Enchiladas

I got this quick and tasty dish's recipe from Pinterest, but it looks like it was originally a Weight Watchers recipe called Bubble-Up Enchiladas.  It's delish either way and - my favorite feature - crazy easy to make!

Bubble Up Enchiladas
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
  • 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded low fat Mexican cheese
Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Brown turkey and drain if needed.  Mix in both cans of sauce.  Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture.  Then pour it all in a greased casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.  Take out of oven, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake an additional 10 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Makes 6-8 servings.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Seeing this reminded me how much I love enchiladas... and how much of a bummer it is that I can't buy enchilada sauce here! :)

Kimberly said...

That is just cruel and unusual! Can you get all the rest of the ingredients though? I will so hook you up with enchilada sauce if so.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

No worries on the enchilada sauce. Ground turkey we can find on occasion, Mexican cheese doesn't exist here, and everyone thinks a biscuit is a cookie (thanks to the influence of the UK). Last week I cooked a big breakfast complete with biscuits. They were still out when my teacher came later that day and she had never heard of or tasted one. :)