Nov 2, 2010

Recipe:Layer'd Black Bean Dip

I've made this dip a good number of times.  It's quick, tasty, and satisfying.  It's perfect for football games, but sometimes we munch on this for a light dinner.  Thank you, Kraft magazine.  You never complicate things.  You keep it good and easy. 

Layered Black Bean Dip (five minutes to fabulous)
  • 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
  • 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
  • 1 can RoTel, drained
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
Spread cream cheese on bottom of shallow dish.  Layer with beans and tomatoes. Top with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.

Kimmie's alterations:  I use 16 oz. of whipped cream cheese.  I use the whole can of black beans.  I use plain petite diced tomatoes and season with my father-in-laws tips - Adobo, Italian seasonings and onion powder. I am quite sure I use a bit more than 1 cup of cheese.  And we go with Fritos Scoops instead of tortilla chips because they don't break as easy.  With a dip this good, you do some serious scooping!

3 comments:

Laura Koslowsky said...

I grew up eating something similar but without the black beans. Just cream cheese, salsa and shredded cheese layered. I'll have to try it now with the black beans. So yummy! This goes like crazy at parties.

Amy Faye Brown said...

Aaaahhh, more recipes. I've quit using cook books and now refer to your blog for new ideas. Thanks!

Kimberly said...

Now that you mention it, that salsa version sounds familiar...