Nov 9, 2010

Amen to That!

I am in the midst of getting my teaching certificate transferred over to TN before it expires next summer.  This morning I have gone back and forth via email with the education consultant in the TN Department of Education that is handling my paperwork.  We had talked straight business for 8+ strands of conversation when Sarah popped back a completely personal comment as an aside from my mentioning why I had no AL teaching experience to go with my AL license - which was in reference to my newly adopted son I decided to stay home with instead.

Her break from business to speak to her/my heart really put a wonderful period on my melancholy post from last week and the subsequent comments from some of you who reminded me to dwell again on what really matters in an adoption situation.  She said:
Thank you--I am glad that you have been able to take time off to stay with your son.  I have a niece and 2 nephews who are adopted and I do not know how I could love them anymore than if they were born into the family.
To which I answered her right back with "Amen to that!"

Thank you, Lord, for just the right "by chance" encounter to remind/reassure me of what I already knew.  Amen!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I tell you what...the Lord's timing never ceases to amaze me. Those pick- me - up moments... just amazing.

Amy Faye Brown said...

Well said, Emily! God knows what we need and gives it EXACTLY when we need it - not a moment too soon or too late. We fell in love with Noah immediately (how could you not) and already love Anna though we've never met her.

Unknown said...

I love that!

Amy Faye Brown said...

Ok, now I've met her....and we are SMITTEN!

Kimberly said...

I did send her with a clear directive to put you all under her spell. ;)

Squeeze her and tickle her for me today. I can't believe how unnatural it feels to not have her here with me!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

If this was a facebook post, I would "like" it. :)