Nov 3, 2010

Recipe: Ham Steak

Before a couple weeks ago, I had never even heard of ham steak.  Then I came across this recipe on Robin's Chicks and I was sold;  I even said so in her comments.  :)  The first time I made it, I think I went too skimpy on the sugar and mustard and was mostly underwhelmed.  But today I made it again and I applied those two ingredients generously and liked the change.  It's not knock-you-over amazing, but it is good and is therefore now on my short list for regular rotation foods.  We'll call this one, Honorable Mention Ham Steak.

Honorable Mention Ham Steak
  • Ham Steak (s)
  • Brown Sugar
  • Dry Mustard
  • Milk
Place steaks in a casserole dish and sprinkle with brown sugar and dry mustard on both sides.  Add milk to the pan until it reaches the top edge of the ham.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  Drain juices.

Easy as that.

1 comment:

Memaw said...

I love ham steak but I just caught up on the Halloween activites. Thanks for giving me some good laughs before bedtime. Papa liked all the pictures too.