Nov 22, 2010

Family Circus

Josh and I took Noah with us to lunch one day last week after picking him up from school.  Noah devoured Josh's lemon that came in his water and then he asked for mine.  "I wike wemon!" (lemon) he announced.  This was only made funnier to us when he chose his drink.  I rattled off 5 different sodas from the menu.  But instead of pointing to one of the soda icons, he reached over and pointed to the big picture of different beer bottles.  Ha!  Praying this was not prophetic - his gravitating to "wemon" and beer.

Josh and Noah do a lot of Lego play lately.  A lot.  Josh is so into it, he even snuck into Noah's room while he was sleeping and brought down a tub of the Legos to - ahem - "sort" on his own.  His comment when I ribbed him about it was that Legos are therapeutic.

Anna was really, really fussy and irritable one night last week.  I reached my limit and cried out, "Anna, you need to go to bed!" and it was true.  But Josh laughed back, "I think YOU need her to go to bed,"  and I laughed, too, because that was more true.

Anna says turkey a lot lately with all the Thanksgiving-related activities and shows and talk going on.  But the way she says it comes out, "Dookie."

Noah got Chewie a little too riled up last night and Chewie accidentally bit him too hard.  Noah wailed and cried and panicked and I held him and blew on his hot little face to calm him down.  Anna got in on the action as well.  She hurried over with her fairy wand and tapped Noah's boo boo to make it better.  Adorable, right?  Not as adorable was the fact that only moments earlier I had to get on to her for sticking that thing up her nose.

Chewie's vices - eating several toys a week and getting into the bedroom trash cans to eat baby wipes, kleenex, and ear plugs. 

I haven't seen The Little Mermaid in years and years and years.  But now that the kids are old enough to watch it, I have.  And it turns out I still know that movie by heart - every single line of the script and every single word of the songs.  I don't know whether to be disturbed or impressed by this.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Ha! My favorite: the Noah, Chewie, Anna, fairy wand bit.

It IS scary (though also impressive!) how much we remember stuff like The Little Mermaid, isn't it? I had a similar experience watching Beauty and the Beast with our friend's daughter recently. :)

These days I'm amusing myself in my spare time with watching Czech versions of Disney songs on youtube. Often the text is different, but the familiarity of the tune and the movie is fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXmAOOB9Ao