Jan 27, 2010

Weigh In

I took Anna to her one month follow-up weight check today to see if any of the diet tweaks I have tried since her last visit have worked. In the last four weeks I have gotten so discouraged over how little I can get Anna to eat that I even told the nurse before I put her on the scale today that I was worried she might have instead LOST weight.

But no - that girl gained TWO POUNDS! I'm just amazed! I'd had no confidence in any of the things the doctor asked me to do, but I did them anyway and now I am just tickled to find out they worked and they worked well.

She is still a featherweight, but at least now she is over that 20 lb. hump. So relieved!

4 comments:

Emily said...

what did you do? I dont' believe natalie has gained much..especially since she got sick.
Good for you for helping her gain weight. I don't have the issue of Natalie not wanting to eat, Nat eats a LOT, but doesn't gain. Maybe we have differnt issues.

Kimberly said...

Hmmm. Little things. Like not giving her milk until she has eaten first. Choosing full fat cheeses, creams, meats etc. I squeezed in a few more snacks if I could get her to cooperate. Not giving her her morning Pediasure first thing in the day. Filling her sippy cup to halfway so she would be hungrier sooner. Bottom line, more calories by way of less belly full of milk.

Anonymous said...

Yay, Anna! I actually really enjoy seeing these petite babies, compared to so many obese children out there these days...and they sure are a lot easier to carry around. : )
From a Grandmama who loves to carry babies! : )

Unknown said...

WTG Anna and you too! I'm having the same issues with Jacob. He's only 32lbs. and just grows so slow. I plan to talk to his doc about it in April. He's just not a big eater.