Jan 21, 2010

Miscellany

Wondering:

Why is the train whistle so much more audible in winter than in summer? Less leaves to break the sound waves? Drier air?

Wishing:

Toy Story, Lion King, and Peter Pan didn't have "shut up" and "idiot" in them.

Hoping:

I can start sleeping without any sleeping pills. Last night was night 2 without them. The first night I was sick and throwing up so I figured it was a good night to try to go solo since I wouldn't be sleeping much anyway.

Looking Forward to:

The Circus. Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey are in town this weekend!

Encores and More North Children's Consignment Sale - I signed up to work some shifts and I am looking forward to meeting lots of people and seeing more of how consignment works from the inside. Also looking forward to the $50 gift certificate and getting to shop before all the consignor's and the general public.

Starting a new bible study next week. Believing God. I missed the first session last night (too much trouble to get the kids out at night and have them missing their bedtime when Josh is out of town), but I think I am going to join in next week.

Admitting:

I got caught up in some Waiting Children websites this morning and ended up getting my own waiting children to school late because of it. :0

I have had "Clean the ceiling fan" on my to do list for about a month. I just can't seem to make myself do it, and that's bad because the fan in our bedroom needs it desperately.

I don't want to know how many calories are in a Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit. I am not willing to give them up. And in a year when I am giving up french fries (again), that is just going to have to be ok. Check back next year.

Laughing at:

How unnatural it felt to drop Noah and Anna off at school in their pj's even though today was a designated PJ party day.

The latest political news. Oh really, John Edwards did father his mistress's baby? That's news? Are we really surprised to find this out, or just surprised that he is telling the truth now? Gimme a break. What a joke.

Barbara Walters acting gaga on The View for Lady Gaga. Does she think we don't know how old she is? Do I really believe Lady Gaga is her thing? Um, no. Do I believe she tries to appear younger and cooler than she is? Uh, yeah. Does Barbara Walters just bug me anyway? Yes. Don't most liberals bug me? Yes. Yes.

Reading:

A good book called "Everyday Talk" by John A. Younts.

Loving:

Having a screened-in porch! It's raining, raining, and raining some more but the kids can still go outside and play. Anna is mesmerized by the sound of the rain once she gets out there.

The bar we had built into the kitchen when we installed the counter tops last year.

Publix. Their slogan is really true. It IS where shopping is a pleasure.

Olay Dual Action Cleanser and Toner - the new face wash I am trying.

The new backpacks I got Noah and Anna from Pottery Barn Kids. Uh-dorable.

6 comments:

Heather said...

This list made me laugh at so many different points. I, too, wish these great kid movies didn't have these words in them. Seems the kids always pick up on those! Also...BW drives me crazy too! Jealous of your porch...so fun for the kids I am sure!

Kimberly said...

Disney Movie Makers - why do you do that?! You know these movies are for the kiddies! C'mon now. Help a momma out!

So far, Noah has no context for those words when he hears them except that I blew it by pointing out that that was not nice talk at all. Now Noah always announces when Woody needs to go to time-out for not talking nice.

Except I like that I let him know that those are words we don't repeat. Otherwise, he might, right?

Heather said...

Just watched, "The View" on my DVR from today and now I see where you got your "Laughing At" category!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Definitely my kind of post! :) So fun that you get to go to the circus... we went right after we started dating (15 years ago this April!!!). Getting caught up on Waiting Children websites is so easy to do, huh? And BW... I think she drives everyone crazy! ;)

Kimberly said...

Ha - It is kind of like your For Today... posts that I love, isn't it? Except your list items are typically more meaningful.

Sigh. Such is my life right now. :)

Kate LaCasse said...

Those backpacks are great! I'm on their email list... a very dangerous thing!