Sep 14, 2009

Recipe: Meatballs

I got this recipe a couple years ago from Kraft Magazine. It is super easy, super fast, and super tasty. I may try to improve upon it soon by making my own meatballs instead of already prepared ones. Of course, that would add to the prep time, and I really appreciated whipping up the meatballs, pasta (ditalini - nice and tiny for Anna to chew easily), and veggie on the side all in about 10-15 minutes tops.

Simple Sweet 'N Sour Meatball Simmer

12 oz. frozen prepared meatballs
1 pkg. frozen stir-fry vegetables (I always skip this ingredient)
1/4 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup Catalina Dressing
2 T soy sauce

Combine all ingredients in large skillet.

Cook on medium-high heat 10 min. or until meatballs and veggies are heated through, stirring occasionally.

Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.

For extra flavor, add 1/2 tsp. each ground ginger and garlic powder to the sauce while cooking.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I do this same recipe in a crock pot with Chicken except I use Russian Dressing (which can be hard to find sometimes) - maybe I'll try the meatball/Catalina variety. Thanks!

Kimberly said...

Ooooh, Russian. I have no idea what Russian tastes like, but I'll try that, too! It really is amazing how many dressing flavors there are.