Sep 22, 2009

Miscellany at the Moment

I heard my first Christmas commercial on the radio today. I think that sets the record for me for the earliest signs of the Christmas season. That, and the fact that Hobby Lobby is already DECKED out with Christmas stuff.

Last night Noah chose to sing "Old McDonald Had a Farm" at bedtime. This farm was a bit unorthodox, although Noah finds it to be quite normal. This farm had a toot, a robot, and a baby - complete with a toot toot here, a Daddy wobot there, wah, wah, wah, wah, everywhere a wah, wah, Oh DahDahno had a fawm, E I E I O.

Anna has started trying to run or at least walk a lot faster. It is hilarious and nerve-wrecking all at the same time. And lately, she makes a wonderful caboose for the train Noah likes to lead. Or is it a parade? At any rate, Noah marches and whoo, whoos around the house and Anna follows behind him (grinning like a silly monkey) holding the end of the tape measure he is holding. Lap, after lap, after lap, reminding Josh and me how glad we are to be in another house with a circle pathway through the entire downstairs.

Noah tells us that he sees George in the clouds. What?! (Josh says he gets the George from George Washington on the coins they are collecting - so that must be it.) He also says he sees a pig and a dinosaur.

Anna keeps grabbing a wipe while I am changing her diaper and she wipes my arm over and over again. She smiles her toothy smile when I stop and look at her. She thinks she is hilarious.

I keep finding light switches turned on or off that I did not turn that way. I am pretty sure I know who the 3.5 year old culprit is.

I am taking Anna's VTech play table and walker to the consignment shop today. Add them to the recently departed tons of onesies, bottles, formula, cloth bibs, gummy grins, jars of baby food, and rear-facing car seat and I think it is safe to say that Baby has left the building. We have upgraded to a full-fledged Toddler and I am relishing all the little freedoms that those changes entail.

How I know Noah and Anna are mine: Like me, Noah eats pickles straight from the jar. Asks for them multiple times a week. And Anna shares my salt and vinegar chips with me without even the slightest pucker.

I grinned the whole way through Dancing with the Stars last night. Just a big goofy grin for 2 hours. It was fun to watch and I can't wait to see the girls dance tonight.

We leave for Disney in 7 days!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh I can totally relate to the light switches being turned on...fans too. And I also agree that after that first year of the 2nd baby, it's a breath of fresh air to be freed from all the baby stuff. For now. I didn't watch Dancing with the stars last night...sort of did, but I didn't really know any of them, so I lost interest quickly.

Kimberly said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say...no more Puff either.

Maybe that was why I was surprised I enjoyed the show so much last night - because I didn't expect to based on the new cast...just wasn't real interested in any of them...to begin with.