Sep 17, 2009

A Matter of Pride

Annabelle, I consider it a matter of pride and honor for the Brown family that you came home from school today with the following accolade on your notes page from your teacher followed by a smiley face drawing:

"Anna is the best bubble blower!"

Yes, yes. That's my daughter excelling in spit formations. Wouldn't have it any other way. She also gives Noah a serious run for his money in the category of "All Sounds Simulating Bodily Functions". If I'm being honest, she really sets the standard of exactness and hilarity, and Noah just follows her lead.

Mrs. Leanna also said you were quite fussy today, to which I said, "What's new? My girl's a moody thing!" In your defense, you sprouted your third tooth yesterday and I believe it's counterpart on the other side of your top gums is following close behind. Right now I can hear you moaning and fussing and jabbering away in your crib. Oh, please little girl, go to sleep!

You are a poor baby and an expressive one at that. Though you vex me and expend all my energies, I wouldn't change you for the world. You are interesting and kooky and smart, smart, smart. I am just beginning to know the many ways you will amuse, confuse, and surprise me... and challenge and change me.


I am so excited about you turning 1 next week. And I can't wait to post my list of all your other particulars in honor of your day. I am so proud of the little person you are.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Love those bright blue eyes!!

Unknown said...

You know I still have her birth announcement on my fridge and I'm rather picky about what I have up there (not a fan of fridge clutter) :-) and I gasped when I paid close attention to it and saw that her 1 year b-day was just days away. I can't believe it's be a year already!

Memaw said...

our precious unique little girl - it seems like
yesterday that I was waiting on your front
porch for you, Matthew, and Anna to arrive home
from the hospital. I am Anna- proofing my
house for the big visit - although I know she
will outsmart me

Kimberly said...

I know, Carol! I remember that drive back home to you and Papa John and Noah quite well. Which is another reason I couldn't see celebrating her birthday with anyone but y'all. Can't wait to see ya next week.

Emily said...

I still have Anna's birth announcement on my fridge too! :) Anna is definately becoming a little personality...can't wait to experience it a little bit at Disney! Can't WAIT!!