Jul 7, 2009

What's Cookin'?

We got this little kitchen set today at the consignment shop for only $25. For one, I thought that was a great price, and for two, I love that it is not real girly looking (for Noah's sake), and for three, I love how little space it takes up. And for four, Josh liked that it was already assembled. :) It was an immediate hit once we got it home. Anna likes to take all the pieces off. And Noah likes to put little characters in the fridge, use the phone to talk to Josh, and fry his blocks and serve them up as cooked apples, eggs, and corn-on-the-cob. Uh-dorable. I'll have to add a pic of Chef Noah soon. Today when he was doing his kitchen work, I was in my kitchen cookin' up a certain "Sweet and Sour Lentils" recipe Elizabeth sent my way. ;) The recipe I tried before that was Heather's "Chicken Pot Pie" recipe that she passed my way back when I got married. Only took me 7 years to do it. We liked both, by the way. :) Noah's cuisine was pretty good, too.

7 comments:

Heather said...

We just ate that chicken pot pie for dinner tonight! Yummy! Good staple. What a cute kitchen. Nathanael probably loved the kitchen just as much or more than Brooke. Great find!

Emily said...

cute kitchen! I really like it...though I like girly stuff these days. But I dont' have a boy to accomodate either. SO I get to go all pink. Noah's food concoctions....pretty cute. Now he needs a chef hat!

Unknown said...

I L.O.V.E. the little kitchen and the great deal you got on it! Lucky girl! Now sit back and watch Noah clean those counters a hundred times a day like his mommy:-)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Anna looks so little and so big all at the same time standing in front of her kitchen. It will be fun to look back at that picture a year from now and see how much she's grown! So glad you enjoyed the "vinegar beans." They have yet to reappear on our table... :)

Kimberly C said...

Hey Kimberly! I hope you enjoyed SYTYCD as much as my roommate and I did tonight - we thought it was a particularly good night!

I'm moving on the 1st (to where will be finalized by next Monday, if not sooner) - and would love to come see ya'll once more before I move! Let me know when would be good for ya'll.

Kimberly C said...

oh...and I LOVE the picture of Anna! Too cute!

Kimberly said...

Kimberly - Oh I am so excited to see what plans have come since we last talked! Let's do get together. I 'll email you. :)