Jul 28, 2009

Snippets and Snapshots

Noah's cousin Brooklyn, aka, The Birthday Girl.

Noah's motto:
Put in on a princess plate, go ahead and color it pink,
Doesn't matter to how it looks at all, if it's cake, it's gone in blink!

Noah helped Brooklyn open just about all her presents. Thankfully, she was cool with that.

Anna had a party of her own with any shred of wrapping paper she could find. Like I said once before, Goat Girl.


Josh and I were reflecting on how little attention Anna and Natalie payed each other and how different that was from how Noah and Brooklyn interacted at that age. We figure it's because Noah and Brooklyn were pretty active and noisy distractions and because Anna and Natalie have just grown up used to having other little people around. So it was nothing special to them to have yet another little person around.


At the Kiddie Carnival, Brooklyn braved a few rides with Noah there to be by her side. We have a pic of her screaming her head off on the swing ride which is kinda funny. For her sake, I did not include that here. That's just family business. :) And besides, she WAS the birthday girl.

What a great shot!

After taking a few shots at the water park, I gave up trying to keep the camera dry and just put it away. Thankfully, I did get some pics to document the day's venture.



He looks like he's having a ball, and he kind of was. But in truth, he acted like he was afraid of water the whole time - much like he did at his swim lesson I posted about already. And he pooped up his swim diaper which, for me, was the highlight of the day. (note extreme sarcasm here). However, when you are a mommy, there is one highlight to a kid who clings to you in the water like death is swimming around waiting to swallow him whole. You just get to hold and hold and hold him close and he doesn't try to wiggle away.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Good perspective on the clinging to Mommy. Those moments will be gone before we know it!

Emily said...

OH my word! Those were so good...can you send those via email? I didn't get any good ones at the kiddie carvival...and I LOVE the one of her and Noah with their tickets in hand...So good!
I didn't risk my camera getting wet at the water park...so I didn't get any there either...oh well.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

The waterpark looks so fun... especially the tire swing over the water!