Jul 28, 2009

Pony Up

Josh has nursed a need to get Anna a "My Little Pony." So last night we jetted out on a whim to satisfy that daddy-daughter need. We hunted a pony, preferrably pink and with wings, according to Josh. And I agreed. She does need a girly type of toy and she just loved playing with the ponies at Mimmie and Papa's this weekend.

Noah: Ah go-ning, Mommy?
Me: We are going to the store to buy Anna a pony.
Noah: Noah pony, too!
Me: Noah, pony toys are for girls. You are a boy.
Noah: (trying to man-up the pony) Noah B-I-I-I-I-G pony!

Wal-Mart ended up leaving us hanging in the pony dept, so we took off for Target which did not disappoint. Anna got a pony (however she chose a blue one without wings), and Noah got a horse ridden by a super-manly wild west cowboy with lasso. But if you ask Noah, it is a "Cow-bowie."

The lasso was broken already before he went to bed. Boys.

2 comments:

Emily said...

classic! Boys are supposed to tear up their toys...girls are supposed to break the lipstick off their stinking lipstick holder. Yes, Brooklyn only has about 2 more lip colors left from that make up you gave her. Luckily she is now aware of how to use the lip gloss ... girls.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

HaHa!!! I love your "Noah said" posts... it's so good that you're writing all this down so he can read it one day. :)