Jul 12, 2009

Slow Weekend

Josh, Anna, and myself all got colds at the same time - so we have all been a bit puny and slow moving.


Got my Blog Book in the mail. It is really neat to hold something like that in your hands. Now I can't wait to do 2009!


Did some swimming of course.



Got our new carpet installed - it is wonderfully soft to walk on. Emptying the living room for the carpet install also afforded us the opportunity to switch around some furniture and we really like the new arrangement. Between the carpet and new set up, it feels like a new room - which is a big deal because we spend a LOT of time in that room.


I finished another book.


Josh and I had an early anniversary date night since we'll be out of town the weekend of our anniversary in 2 weeks. We got a babysitter, ate at Olive Garden (oh, so delish!), did a little shopping, and went to a movie (Public Enemies - eh, it was ok. too long if you ask me). We didn't get home til almost midnight and I think it is safe to say we won't do that again for awhile. Oh My Gosh - we were so sleepy! So that slowed us down the next day, too, besides having these awful head colds.


We finished weaning Anna from Gentlease formula to regular Enfamil (well, the sam's brands actually). This will make the transition to milk in a couple months a little easier on her tummy, we think. And I can't believe we are only a couple months from that!


Noah is almost done with the potty training and pull-ups. He wears his little car underwear half the time and it is just too adorable how he compares himself to the boys next door and to daddy now.


Noah had his first swim lesson on Saturday and I was as proud as a proud momma can be - and not just because he was a brave little swimmer and tried everything the instructor asked of him. No, I was so proud of his behavior. I don't often get to watch him interact with other adults in a teaching setting, so it was neat to watch how he related, listened, and interacted with the instructor and his peers. It was just him and another little boy and Noah was so obedient and self-controlled. That other kid acted like a hooligan and wouldn't get back in the pool for half his turns or stop playing with toys - which turned out to be good for Noah, because then Noah got to take another turn. Now he can't wait for the next lesson so he can show Miss Angela how he can put his face in the water without crying this time. :)


Josh made peach cobbler from his mom's recipe. I am sure it is yummy, but I can't tell you first hand because I don't eat peaches. They are little too slimy for my taste.

Anna is drooling now (we suspect from the teething) and cruising around by way of furniture and ottomans and pillows. Again - such an eye-opening experience for us as Noah STILL had not even rolled over by this time.


I taught Noah to play his new board game, Hi Ho Cherry-O. He is tickled pink over his new game.


Josh took Anna to the pediatrician for nothing in the end. There was no ear infection like we worried there might be.


We all sat on the porch watching the rain and listening to the thunder tonight.

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's sounds like a pretty action packed weekend. I love new carpet...makes me just want to lay all over it!

BTW, can you add me to the list that I am going to add you to on my blog?

Kimberly said...

I thought about that yesterday, too. Yeah, I'll add you. :) And I guess it felt slow because we stayed home almost all weekend.

Alison said...

do a post about the blog book. I'd love to see pictures of a few of the pages and I was just wondering what the quality was like, etc. You used blurb, correct?