May 7, 2009

Chances Are...

Chances are that when I leave tomorrow for my Mother's Day Getaway Anna will officially crawl. She is so on the verge this week. She sort of log rolls, pushes up to sitting, leans forward to try to crawl, falls forward instead, and repeats the log roll bit. But I can almost guarantee that she will do the deed this weekend, which means I will miss it. And that makes me sad.

But not not sad enough for me to stay home when I have a chance at 3 days all to myself and my sister. I can't wait! We are meeting up in Kennesaw, GA, staying at a nice hotel that Josh afforded us with his hotel points, going to movies, going out to eat, shopping, and of course....SLEEEEEEEEPING (aka - mommy heaven)! And an article in a parenting magazine told me to NOT call home during my time away, not even once. So I am not going to call home to check in, not even once, which will be kind of unnatural for me, but I think I am up to the task. That...and I have full confidence in Josh to take care of everything.

Bring on Mother's Day weekend!

3 comments:

Laura Koslowsky said...

Have a wonderful weekend! My husband has to head out of town on a youth retreat this weekend, leaving me alone with the kids. But, my sister is coming with her kids to keep me company. Should be fun as well, though I admit your weekend sounds a little bit nicer :)

Kate said...

Sounds like a great plan for the weekend! Enjoy!

Alison said...

Garet and I got away Friday and Saturday and I don't remember what happened, but it reminded me of Kara. My comment, "That almost makes me wish she was here". Key word: almost! It is such a good thing to get away!!!