Jul 23, 2017

"Saysa Heya" (aka Lasa's Hair)

Just another day, another post of Saysa heya from the past couple weeks.  I adored these two back flat twists into a puff on top.  I hated not having a bow for finishing it off.  I put it on my list of things to get asap.  And I did, as you will see further into the post.  At Hobby Lobby of all places! Go figure.

Decided to try a hairdo that pulled less away from her face and let her hair rest in a more relaxed and down direction.  I did flat twists into two strand twists and popped some barrettes on the ends to help weigh them down.  This 'do grew on me the more I looked at it.  It's precious - reminds me of a little lamb the way the two on the sides lay down like lambs' ears. 

Just trying some asymmetrical parts after participating in a convo on the Not Just Hair FB page. It helps give her usual part lines a rest.

Then, after some days with the asymmetrical parts, I took down all but the front section and reworked it into this bun on top and pony in back for a couple days.  Cute!  Those little jaw clippies - I love.  But sadly, they are pretty much one-time-use accessories.  The teeth always always break in her hair or when she pulls them out.  Good thing they are cheap.  Or maybe that is why they break?  Ha!

After that 'do, and before a wash, I pulled her hair up in this simple side pony with a bow (new!) which MADE HER DAY because her beloved Emma Wiggle wears a big bow and also just happens to be the yellow Wiggle like her dress that day just happened to be, too. This is her first ever big bow and thankfully, she did not pull it out or apart. In back, I did a simple little twist after an extra LOC routine for that bottom part where the hair is coarser, shorter, and drier. 

Fresh off a wash day routine, I tried some boxy parts after some inspiration on Not Just Hair.  I went with braids instead of twists; they really do hold neater and longer though they take longer to do.  I also tried two little tiny sections in the front for the first time, sort of like bangs, after some inspiration on Pinterest.  I was hoping it would hold tighter and get less fuzzy over the course of a day or two, and it did improve in that way!  Good to know.

I popped some barrettes on it for day two of this style.  Also twisted those two front spots up into bantu knots/buns, whateveryouwannacallthem.  It was adorable!

And then this morning for church, I took those sections down, keeping the same part lines, remoisturized, and tried this fun little masterpiece that has my heart - which is why I gave it three pics. In back I two-strand twisted half way and pulled the loose ends up into new puffs.

I flat twisted the two front top tiny sections and then twisted them half way like the bottom sections to pull the loose ends also into those same two puffs.  Added two bows and proceeded to melt at the cuteness!

Lasa proceeded to tear one of the bows up after church while she "helped" me take them out.  Nothing a glue gun and a determined momma can't fix!

Fun fact, I bribe her to be still for these pics almost every time.  Usually (and shamelessly) with candy.  Getting a toddler to sit still for a camera to focus is not easy!  She is getting better and better at it.  Like me on her hair.  :) Thankful.

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I think someone is enjoying her newly discovered hair abilities. These are super adorable.

Kimberly said...

I am! And I sure do enjoy not feeling intimidated by all her hair requires for maintenance like I did six months ago. It feels good to be on the other side of that learning curve, comfortable enough to mess around and try new things with her hair. :)