Sep 22, 2013

More from Anna's 5th

We took a break from visiting churches today to take in a slow Sunday together at home and to make a cake and open presents for a little family birthday celebrating.  It went down like this...

Anna and her daddy made and decorated a cake according to all the birthday girl's wishes.


Then I kicked the kids outside while we got the presents set out.


Josh carried the guest of honor into the house because she had to keep her eyes shut for the big reveal.


We lit her big, bad 5 candle.


We stopped for a picture.


And then she took care of the blowing business. :)


She loved her first present ... a walking, talking doll that calls her Mommy and everything!


Giving her a test run.


Then, as tradition has it, brother got to open a present, too.


FINALLY, he has his very own copy of The Lego Ideas Book!


Anna was happy to discover she got some Stompeez.  She quoted the commercial by heart at this point.  So funny!


Checking out her new Squinkies set that she forgot she wanted from months ago.  Good thing her Mommy is a list keeper and remembered because she says this is one of her favorite presents.


She's wanted a mermaid costume for MONTHS, so we finally checked that off the list.


And Josh surprised her with a Wii game of her own - a Disney Princess drawing game.


Her birthday sort of snuck up on me this year.  Shouldn't I be more weepy by now?  Five years - a whole hand! - is a big deal, you know?  Hmmm.  Well, I technically have 3 more days to get my brain around it and I still owe Baby Girl a birthday letter. I bet I find my inner Weepy by then. Ha!

Love ya, Baby Girl!  Happy Birthday to you, my sweet. ♥

2 comments:

Emily said...

what fun! Two special days! :) I love celebrating birthdays all week long....they are more fun when you get to enjoy it longer. :)

Kimberly said...

True! I figure on Wednesday we can mark the day by picking up some birthday balloons. :}