May 19, 2013

Weekend With Just my Anna

Josh and Noah took to the road last Thursday bound for FL where our niece and Josh's eldest brother were graduating from high school and college respectively.  I needed to be home to attend the annual homeschool expo, so it was just me and Anna for 4 days!  We kicked off our home alone time by making muffins.  Anna was excited to try out her new apron and hat for the first time.  


In between more rainy moments, she got to try out another of her cutie-patootie bathing suits and play in the little pool but not before asking me to take her picture again.  She says she looks like a sea shell. ♥


Another day we took on a building project that required all the willpower I could muster and all the patience Anna could muster, too.  We feel so empowered to have gotten it done at last.  Only took two days and three different attempts.  Sheesh!


And the piece de resistance of our girls weekend was some free tickets to a private carnival with some friends.  Look at Anna go!



She is a zebra, ahem, not a kitty!  Good thing, too, because she was heartbroken when her zebra balloon animal got popped. :S  Me - I was just glad to not have to carry it around in the heat, but don't tell Anna.



I love this shot, but I also mourn this moment.  This was right before I stepped on my sunglasses that I have enjoyed for the past 5 years.  That is the LONGEST I have ever kept up with a pair of glasses.  I was heartbroken myself but put on a brave face.  :S


Today we laid low after church just counting down the minutes til Daddy and Noah got home.  Anna, in particular, laid her own kind of low and, as this weekend has gone, asked me to capture it on camera as well.


Thanks for sharing the weekend with me, baby girl.
It was  - you are - a delight. 

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Can't decide what's cuter, the picture of her in her apron and hat or her statement about looking like a seashell.

And, we've decided that give this girl a few years and Beka will no longer be the tall one. We think Beka may be looking up to Anna. (:

Emily said...

Oh my word, those were such fun. Her face with sheer joy just makes me smile. She's livin' life up...reminds me of natalie. She lives life to it's fullest too. Love our girls.

Kimberly said...

Ha! We shall see, Amy, but I doubt it! I married the shortest Brown brother, remember?