May 14, 2013

A for Effort

You know, when I heard the first graders were taking a field trip to The Hermitage (the home of long dead former president Andrew Jackson), the thought occurred to me that a destination/topic like that might be a little over a bunch of 6 year olds' heads.  This was confirmed to me today when I asked Noah what his favorite part of the field trip was and he answered, "Riding the bus!" 

A for Effort though, Union Elementary.  A for Effort. :}

PS - I did at least hear that he liked the carriage he saw, the golden sword, and oh yeah, Andrew Jackson DIED there, too. (insert wide eyes for dramatic effect)

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

If your district is like ours field trips can only be "educational." So if you live in a really cool place like the Emerald Coast of Florida then you get to go on dolphin cruises, participate in grass planting along the coast, and go to the gulfarium or my first grade teacher friends figured out how to make even the Pirate Cruise educational. ;)

Kimberly said...

Nice! Noah's first trip this year was pretty cool though ... Lost River Cave. But it's no Emerald Coast!

Emily said...

Amy.... jealous. wow.