May 10, 2013

Todayish Tidbits

I love a slow morning.  Even better if it is a rainy morning.  That was today!  I tried to sleep off a migraine but Anna was a little aggravated by my early morning nap, poor thing.  I finally gave up and popped some migraine pills and chased those down with a trusty Diet Dr. Pepper.  After that, it was "Bring on the Day!"

My best girl and I donned our rainboots and headed off to her gym class and several errands.


After all that, we checked the mail and on the way beside the driveway I spotted this 4-leaf clover.  :)


Later on, Noah came home from school with these sweet mementos in his back pack.  I don't know about the "pretty as a wisul (whistle)" part, but I will take the compliment about me being smart because I know how to play video games.  Ha!  Also, my heart smiled to see him testify to the truth ... that he likes it when I "ticul (tickle)" him.  Truly, tickles are his love language. ♥


When I grow up I want to be a princess apparently.  And I am 100 years old, too.  Boys.  I love that he says what I love the most is him, though.  Too true!


Also, this is actually from yesterday, but I can't help but post it today.  It sort of fits with his rainy day activities today as well. 


Anna, for the record, has decided that spring needs to make up its mind and be hot or cold.  I tried letting her know that the hot and rain and cool and hot again is very normal for Spring, but she's not buying it.  

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Boo to migraines. Knocking on wood, but I haven't had a severe headache in months.

I'm thinking Rebeka and I need matching rain boots. I'm sure she'll be thrilled. But, seriously, I love yours.

Ha! Pretty as a whistle. We did mother's day similes in second grade. One of my sweet, sweet, sweet children surprised me by letting her inner devil come out as she shared with a classmate that her mother was as pretty as a baboon's butt. Sigh. And, yes, after some stern reprimand about respect I did laugh.

Chewy! Funny dog. Funny picture.

Kimberly said...

DEFINITELY get you some matching rainboots!!

There's just something about the words Baboon's Butt that is funny no matter how/for whom you say it. Hee, hee, hee.