May 25, 2013

This Plus That

We are in the middle of a weeklong visit from Memaw and PapaJohn this week, but I feel the weight of not keeping up with blogging all the while.  So today, I alleviate a touch of that guilt and post one of many bright spots of our girl time with Memaw.  We headed to the berry patch bright and early one morning after a good rain.  Notice the rainboots.  


We picked and picked!  And via a new recipe, we learned that THIS
(this being: strawberries)


plus THAT
(that being: smooshing, sugar, pectin)


makes Strawberry Freezer Jam! 
Taa Daa!


I'm not much of a jelly/jam girl myself, but I hear from reliable sources in this house that have actually tried our finished product that this batch is a keeper.  Yum to that!

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Super girl = super strawberry jam! I've always thought so and these pictures confirm that she looks like a certain super Memaw. (:

Kimberly said...

Well, look at that! She DOES look like Carol, doesn't she? :)

Emily said...

what special times and special memories.

Like Lee's parents always add to each trip....

"it's all about makin' memories"

:)

Kimberly said...

Just wait til you see my Ode to Memaw post. They did SO much with her this week. So much!