May 12, 2013

The Happy in Mother's Day

I am not gonna lie.  On today's Mother's Day, I am struggling anew with an old anger about how things stand (or is it fall?) with my own mother whom I haven't seen in a year nor spoken to in almost as long. I didn't send her a card or anything because I am not trying to keep that relationship alive and how fake would that be anyway at this point? No thank you.  But I suspect, as in all things, she is mad, mad, mad about it and adding it to her list of all my evil ways.  It's hard not to be planning my defense already for if/when I ever have to hear about it. And on and on down that road of thinking is where I meet more anger and disappointment and gloom. On Mother's Day!

I am so thankful that I have the clear-mindedness to snap myself back to reality and positive thinking by remembering that all is not lost.  Look what I have to celebrate! Every day of the year!


I am clinging to them today like a shield against what wants to bring me down right now.  
THEY put the Happy in my Mother's Day!

So blessed!

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I grieve for you, my friend.
You are so wise to acknowledge that those two beautiful blessings mean so much more than being swallowed up in negative emotions that this day and situation can bring out.
Two beautiful children and a fantastic husband, really, isn't that all a girl needs? ;)

Kimberly said...

Exactly! It's all I need and more than enough! Thanks, girl. ♥

Memaw said...

Don't even think about defending yourself. You have chosen to protect yourself and your family from the hurt and ugliness that she brings into your life. You can still love her as your mother and pray for her but don't ever let her cause you to defend your actions. If she desires a relationship with you, it will have to be on your terms and not hers since she has proven herself to be a source of harm to you and your family emotionally. Stand strong!

Emily said...

I love all the Brown's in your family :)

Kimberly said...

That's right, Carol! That reminder helps a lot. Thank you. ♥

And, me, too, Emily!! ♥