Oct 5, 2010

Recipe: Mini-Tacos

Josh doesn't dig tacos all that much.  And it's hard for the kids to eat them without all the crumbling shells and ingredients falling all over the table and floor.  This recipe turned out to be the solution to all that.  Made tacos fun, accessible, and therefore, more edible.  This would also serve as a great football appetizer!

Mini-Tacos
  • 1 bag Tostitos scoops
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
  • shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream
Brown ground beef and drain.  Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water.  Simmer for 10 minutes. Arrange scoops closely together on large baking sheet.  Spoon meat into scoops chips. Sprinkle shredded cheese to cover all chips.  Heat in oven for 5 minutes at 300 degrees.   Remove from oven and spoon salsa onto each scoops chip.  Serve with sour cream.

2 comments:

Emily said...

ok so a picture would make this post EVEN better. That's sounds so good, I think we'll do that for football saturdays! YUM

Kimberly said...

I know. I thought that same thing as I pressed Publish. I just can't ever remember to snap pictures while I'm cooking. I may be a multi-tasker, but not in the kitchen. Cooking stresses me out too much. :)