Oct 11, 2010

Bottomview Farms

We did the pumpkin farm thing today ... which, now that I think about it, we skipped out on last year because we were still buzzing from our Disney trip.  (Ahhhhh, Disney, you sit tight; we'll be there with bells on at Christmastime.) Anyway, where was I?  Oh yes, Bottomview Farms.  Eh, it was ok; I think I expected something more.  But the kids enjoyed themselves, so I'd say it was a successful fall outing. And nothing says fall like a corn crib, hayride, hick accents, pumpkin cannon, pumpkin picking, donkeys, dust, and hay.  And a llama, too, which I am still scratching my head over.


Happy Fall, y'all!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Is that the place Josh took us the last time we were visiting when you didn't want to go?
I can't wait to go pumpkin picking...oh wait. w have no pumpkin patches around here. :( Not any REAL ones anyway.

Looked like a fun time!

Kimberly said...

The exact same place. I guess from y'all's pics two years ago I had pictured something bigger and better.

Amy Faye Brown said...

Great minds must think alike! The kiddos and I just got home from picking out pumpkins of our own and Rebeka has now officially declared it Fall at our house. We didn't get to go to any cute farm, just a little farmer's market about 40 minutes away. But we did buy our very first bottle of milk from a local dairy and I had to put down a $2 deposit on the glass bottle.

Kimberly said...

Glass bottles of milk? How charming is that?! It's like you stepped back in time or something. Which automatically makes your farmish outing waaaay better than ours. :)