Oct 24, 2010

Feeling the Foliage

The past five days we have enjoyed the company of Josh's parents.  I love how family visits throw routines and schedules out the window.  I love the change of pace and the relaxed fellowship.  It's invigorating.  Our past few days have been sunny and bright, much like the fall foliage we are enjoying.


I mean, seriously, how lovely is this?  Quite.  Quite lovely.  I took this shot just in time. By twilight the next day the leaves were more brown than bright.  I should have sensed the foreshadowing.


I think my favorite trees in the fall are the ones that show the transition of the season the best.  I could just stare and remark and stare some more at trees like this. 


But today my mood is like my poor tree.   So depressing, isn't it?


 Me and my tree are kindred spirits.  I feel quite gloomy tonight. Josh's parents have gone.  Josh has gone too on another several days worth of traveling.  And to add insult to injury, the sun took off, the clouds rolled in, and the beautiful fall colors are halfway out the door.  It's a good thing there are sugary sweets and kiddos in happy costumes coming up on the schedule.  I need a pick me up already and it's not even Monday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's an amazing tree! I took notice of the beauty in the leaves today while driving from work. It was as if overnight those leaves were painted autumn. I love it but hate that their beauty is shortlived. I'm in the same sort of funk too. It's like you can't really blame it on one little thing...just a mood. Hoping those little goblins cheer you up.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I love fall leaves and think your photos here are my favorite so far this year. Hope your feeling a little less like your empty tree today. :)