Apr 27, 2010

Words, Words, Words

One of my favorite things to read or hear is a well-chosen word. This is another installment of just those sorts of things that I came across in the latest book I read, An Echo in the Darkness. Several of the words at the end of the list, however, I have just collected along the way from different things I've read.
  • unrest
  • oaf
  • frenetic
  • heady
  • tigress
  • subtlety
  • furor
  • tome
  • discomfited
  • damnable
  • parchment
  • bone-weary
  • inertia
  • carbuncle
  • cloying
  • insouciance
  • defection
  • uppermost
  • acerbic
  • squelch
  • unbidden
  • populace
  • lithe
  • warbling
  • caustic
  • ponderous
  • adamas
  • hirelings
  • maudlin
  • specter
  • obdurate
  • elfin
  • doddering
  • environs
  • quietude
  • lax
  • enmeshed
  • gossamer
  • disuse
  • roughhewn
  • surfeit
  • spirit-spent
  • discordant
  • strident
  • expeditious
  • baffled
  • fetid
  • ruminate
  • camaraderie
  • gale
  • penury
  • lolled
  • fractious
  • bade
  • tenuous
  • gourmand
  • maven
  • thunderstruck

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

So glad you are enjoying the Mark of the Lion series. I've read them twice and they are on my to buy for my personal library list!

Kimberly said...

I didn't know you'd read them - Is this a series you might have mentioned to me before, awhile back?

I might have tuned it out since I have never really found Christian Fiction writers I cared for, but when I saw this series mentioned on multiple sights by a noticeable number different readers, I thought I'd give it a go. I am so glad I did. This Trilogy is in my list of favorite books now!