Apr 5, 2010

Amens: Revelation

Favorite Translations from The Message.

Revelation 1:3 - How blessed the reader! How blessed the hearers and keepers of these oracle words, all the words written in this book!

Revelation 1:7 - Riding the clouds, he'll be seen by every eye, those who mocked him will see him. People from all nations and all times will tear their clothes in lament.

Revelation 1:8 - "I'm the Sovereign-Strong."

Revelation 1:17, 18 - His right hand pulled me upright, his voice reassured me: "Don't fear: I am First, I am Last, I'm Alive. I died, but I came to life, and my life is now forever..."

Revelation 2:7 and multiple other chapters - "Are your ears awake? Listen. Listen to the Wind Words, the Spirit blowing through the churches..."

Revelation 3: 2,3 - " Up on your feet! Take a deep breath! Maybe there's life in you yet. But I wouldn't know it by looking at your busywork; nothing of God's work has been completed. Your condition is desperate. Think of the gift you once had in your hands, the Message you heard with your ears - grasp it again and turn back to God..."

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

My favorite... Revelation 3:2,3 - a great reminder... it IS so easy to be busy and to do nothing of God's work.