Apr 5, 2010

Amens: John

Favorites translations from reading The Message.

John 1:1,2 - The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God, in readiness for God from day one.

John 3:15 - ... it is necessary for the Son of Man to be lifted up - and everyone who looks up to him, trusting and expectant, will gain a real life, eternal life.

John 3:33 - He sets out the evidence of what he saw and heard in heaven. No one wants to deal with these facts. But anyone who examines this evidence will come to stake his life on this: that God himself is the truth.

John 13: 15,16,17 - I've laid down a pattern for you. What I've done, you do. I'm only pointing out the obvious. A servant is not ranked above his master; an employee doesn't give orders to the employer. If you understand what I'm telling you, act like it - and live a blessed life.

John 14:13,14 - From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I'll do it. That's how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I'll do.

John 15: 7,9,10 - But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. ... Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love.

John 16:33 - I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace.

John 20:23 - "If you forgive someone's sins, they're gone for good. If you don't forgive sins, what are you going to do with them?"

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Wow! I really like that rendition of John 20:23... so true, so true.

Kimberly said...

It is, isn't it?

That might be my favorite one from John actually.