Apr 2, 2010

Lost in Translation

Today we let Noah pick the place we'd go for lunch. He chose "Crapper Bauer." Sounds tasty, no? There's a Killer Translating Skills award for whoever translates that one first. :)

While Brooklyn and I chatted on the back porch this week, she cleared things up for me about her umbrella status ... and then muddied them right back up as well. She said, "I have an umbrella, too. But it's broken, but it's not."

Sometimes I swear Noah doesn't know what he is saying any better than I do. Here's an example of what I mean.
Noah: Mommy, Bookwyn say I dude.
Me: Ok. What's wrong with her calling you a dude?
Noah: Cuz she says dat!
Me, blank stare.

Josh was taken aback by Noah's video game skills and the tricks that Noah has learned to do so quickly on his ATV game. Tricks Josh says he couldn't do himself when they first started playing a few months ago. Noah overheard Josh and I discussing this and he was quick to jump in and make Daddy feel better. He said, "Daddy, dat ok. You twy again when you get older." Ok. So that one's not exactly a Lost-in-Translation sound byte. It's just funny.

4 comments:

Emily said...

cracker barrel cracker barrel!!!! :) hahaha....not a great name for it though...

Lee said Brooklyn had it right, actually. It WAS broken. Then he fixed it...so it's NOT broken...hahahahahaahah.

Kimberly said...

Ooooh, you are good! You get TWO translation awards now that I hear the back story on the umbrella!

Unknown said...

LOL I give the blank stare quite often. And sometimes just give a UGH Huh

Kimberly said...

That blank stare probably comes more with a squinty-eyed confused expression...left hanging out there in silence. :)