Apr 21, 2010

Just Breathe

I don't even really have time to type this and I especially don't have time to capture all that is happening at this very moment.

But I had to post this post to say...

That today our home study was approved. It's completed at last. And we are officially approved to adopt up to 2 siblings in the age range of 2-8.

And tomorrow, as it suddenly turns out, we bring home a little boy, 2 years old, named Brandon.

I can't even believe it.
I can't catch my breath.
I can't still my heart.
I can't see past tomorrow when we will meet him. Wow.
Kimmie's To Do List: A million things....for now, just breathe.

The tears come and I can't tell if they are from fear or joy or just the jitters. This situation is happening way faster than we'd expected. It is a foster-to-adopt case. So technically, we are, for all immediate purposes, fostering.

Anyway. Just wanted to say so to you our friends and family:
It's a boy!

Please pray... that I remember to breathe.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh wow, Kimmie. The Lord's timing is oh so perfect. I will be praying for you, Josh, Noah, and Anna. Can't wait to hear more about it...when you have time.

Emily said...

I love you guys...and I can't wait to meet the newest member of the family! Totally goign to have to meet/talk via video!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So exciting! So surprised that it's a boy! Looking forward to hearing more details... one day!!! Praying for you all...

Laura Koslowsky said...

Wow!!!! How exciting!!! Breathe and take one step at a time. I will be praying for you all. Congratulations on the addition of little Brandon to your family! Love, Laura

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Wow! Awesome! Breathe. Pray. And Breathe. You all have my prayers and congratulations. I know you'll be insanely busy but do keep us posted. Love ya!