Apr 10, 2010

Just Visiting

We've had a busy week this week.

First, wonderfully, the rainclouds parted so that we could squeeze in the laying of our patio. Observe.


Then Christy, a good friend/roomate/SLD partner from college and also one of my bridesmaids, came to visit with her new husband while they were in Nashville. I last saw Christy when I was pregnant with Anna and still living in AL, so it was fun to catch up again, considering all the life changes she and I have seen since then.


The next day, we loaded up and headed to AL to see my parents, grandmother, and aunt. My G'ma and Aunt Kaye are moving to Madison so that gives us a couple more roots and excuses to visit North Alabama outside Mimmie and Papa and our having lived there for two years ourselves.


Noah's agenda on this trip, however, was a much anticipated ride on his Papa's bus.


Then, yesterday we enjoyed the company of some friends from AL - Alison, Garet, and their 3 kiddos - who swung through our neck of the woods for an overnight stay after visiting their family here in Nashville. Noah particularly looked forward to seeing his old friend, Levi. (can you have old friends when you are only 4?)



As for us, Alison and Garet sure felt like old friends. It was a genuinely refreshing visit. As someone who is struggling to feel at peace and/or at home in our current church, seeing familiar faces from our last church home was just plain encouraging. And having conversation with people who have known us as more than just the new faces in town certainly sweetened the visit for me. I'm looking forward to catching up with you Fields again soon. Shame on me for letting so much time pass since we last got together.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So fun that you have a patio now... I'm sure it will see more than it's fair share of sidewalk chalk soon! ;)

Anna's smocked turquoise shirt... stinkin' adorable.

And seeing the picture of you with a friend made me wonder if we'll ever take a picture like that together... and if so how many years from now would that be?!?

Kimberly said...

We broke into the chalk on the back porch tonight in fact as a result of your reminder. HOW did that not cross our minds yet before now?!

Hmmmm...didn't you say recently about 4 years or so before you leave the Czech? I made a mental note then that we'd meet up then. :)

Alison said...

I didn't realize that we were part of such a busy week! So glad we were able to squeeze in :).

Such sweet words - it was so good to see you too!!! We can't let it go this long again! We had a great time! I told Garet that I was full with such good conversation!

Emily said...

Dude, that WAS a busy week! I think Lee would begin having convulsions if we had that much going on in such a small period of time, haha! Not me tho, I'd be all over all the socializing! What good times you guys had! Adn I LOVE the patio...so sad we just missed the convenience! Oh well, next time...there IS next time right? :)

Kimberly said...

C'mon now, Emily! You know that offer always stands. Although I didn't think you'd have the energy or the open schedule to get plan another trip for a good while. Planning this last visit of yours up here just about killed us both, I think. ;)