Mar 6, 2010

The Ugly Truth

Today it happened while I was upstairs putting Anna down for a nap. I noticed Noah was unsettlingly quiet downstairs. As I made my way down, I heard his footsteps quicken, and as I turned the corner, I saw a flash of little boy quickly darting behind the kitchen table. Hiding.

Me: Noah, what were you just doing?
Noah (the rapidity of his answer giving away his guilt): Nuffin.
Me: Noah Brown, tell me the truth.
Noah: I not doin' nuffin!
Me: Tell me the truth - what you were really doing while I was gone - or there will be spankings.
Noah: I pickin' my nose. (lifting his finger to me, presenting the evidence) Wook.

If that's not the ugly truth, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Emily said...

ahhahahahahah! Gross! But such a classic boy thing!

Unknown said...

HA! Don't ya just love how "nuffin" always means "something".