Mar 4, 2010

Idle Chat

Hmmmm. What to say, what to say.

Yes, Yes. I did watch the full season of The Bachelor over the past few months and was too embarrassed to admit it along the way. But I told my sister after the finale, and I tell you all now, you have my permission, nay, my pleading request to shoot me if I ever watch another minute of that redonkulous show. Shame on me.

I love the smell of bacon. The taste of it, too, for that matter.

I never wear my rings or watch at home. The first thing I do when I get home is take them off ... I almost feel claustrophobic wearing them at home. But if I am out of the house, I feel naked without them.

Sometimes all you can do with an aggravating little boy is torture him with tickles.

And if he keeps saying "butt" and "stupid head" (thanks for THAT, Lilo and Stitch) you put lemon juice on his tongue. Lemon juice only because his daddy is a little skittish about using hot sauce like I read in a book. And you banish Lilo and Stitch to time-out for a number of years ...no, make that, forever.

We just started video chatting with my sister recently and Noah totally digs it. Now we can chat with Josh when he is out of town ... if Noah will ever stop making faces and noises at the camera, that is. He thinks he is hilarious.

I l-uh-ove the way Anna looks and smells when she is fresh from a nap, all warm and flushed and drooly. I think I could identify her with my eyes closed just from the smell of the dried saliva on her cheeks. It cracks me up that my life has come to that. And it also warms my heart.

Some favorite words I have collected from of late: resplendent, mimic, baubles, bereft, snarky, ministrations, and redonkulous.

While I finally managed to get to sleep without any sleeping pills, it did not last long - only a couple weeks at most. I am back to needing a pill to sleep every night and I am done trying to do without them. It is just an exercise in frustration and futility. I feel completely defeated in this task! And that is sad...that sleeping has become a task to me. Good grief. I am just gonna take the sleeping pills and thank my lucky stars that Ambien exists.

It is amazing to me that MckMama is so popular that just the advertising on her blog pays for all that she and her family need to get by and then some. Good for her. And I do not mean that sarcastically. That is just really amazing to me.

Most recent iTunes download: Beautiful, Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli. Most recent movie I have seen: Big Fish. I am actually still working my way through it.

I have a new pet peeve. Political Correctness ... and the lip service that comes along with it. Enough already. Enough with all the words.

And with that, I am done with all my words .... for the moment. ;)

10 comments:

Heather said...

So funny to hear that about The Bachelor. I think I have heard that from every single person who watched it this year. I have watched it before and i can't figure out what's so addicting, but it is.

Love the Anna special scents comment. I l-uh-ove the smell of the kids feet under their toes...well the younger ones anyway. It has this distinct sweet smell. A little embarrassed to admit that! But won't stop smelling!

Unknown said...

I shamelessly watched The Bachelor too and I was too embarassed to admit it too.

I had no idea that MckMama made that much from her ads. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you banish Lilo and Stitch forever, unless you want your 8 yr old saying those things, too. : )
And the smell of sweet babies is not what your life has COME to, it's how far YOU have come...as an old mousepad said, and I'm paraphrasing I think, "Content is the man who enjoys the simple pleasures of life". : )Is my 'mothering' coming out too much in this comment?!?
Sleep...it has become a task to me too...I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about trying to come off the Ambien...I have sincere gratitude for whoever invented it!
Enjoyed your post. : )

Kimberly said...

You know what, Mas, I thought that same thing to myself after I reread my Lilo comments and made a note to myself to change that. You are so right. Except I did think that when he's 8 he can understand the ugliness better and be better equipped to not repeat it...more importantly, not WANT to repeat it. But still, your point is dead on. Why put it before him at all if I can avoid it?

Kimberly said...

I see an AMEN in AMbiEN.

Coincidence? I think not.

;)

Anonymous said...

AMEN for sure! : ) And you're a good mom...you'll keep your kids away from what's not good for them...moms who want God's best for their children always do. : )

Laura Koslowsky said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. I do the exact same thing with jewelry on my hands/wrists. I think I spend so much time at home with my hands in a sink (washing dishes or just plain washing hands) that I prefer to have them off at home.

Kimberly said...

That's exactly what it is, Laura. You are so right.

Emily said...

I LOVED this post....you are such an interesting person...and in memory of your birthday tomorrow...

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE MY SISTER AND I GET TO TALK TO YOU WHENEVER I WANT TO AND YOU PICK UP THE PHONE MOST OF THE TIMES I CALL!!!!I LOVE YOU MAN!

Kimberly said...

Emily : Does this mean you aren't sending a birthday card? Humph.

:) Ha!