Mar 1, 2010

Weekend Tidbits

Anna participated in her first My Gym class
Josh made his first sale of the year
Actually watched some of the Olympics
Rooted for Apolo Ohno
I think I'll name our next pet Apolo
Josh and Noah went to the library
Set traps and laid poison for our stupid moles
Finished a really good book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Caught up on some Scripture posts
Noah graduated to "No Booster Seat" status at the table
Went to a Pampered Chef party
Noah typed his name all by himself for the first time
We put up a bird feeder and now I am obsessed with watching the birds eat, scavenge dropped seeds from the ground, and chase each other away from the feeder. (I am pretty sure that my new interest in birds is one more indicator that I am getting old.)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a mole problem too. Robbie is researching the best strategy to get rid if them.
I love bird watching too...we can be old together:-)

Anonymous said...

I think the name Apollo for your next pet is great. : ) Any ideas on what the next pet will be?
And yes, bird watching...so interesting and therapeutic at the same time. : )

Kimberly said...

Oh, our next pet will definitely be a dog. Except if you count the fish we are getting Noah for his birthday, which I don't. ;)

Good word for the bird watching - therapeutic.

Emily said...

hahahahahahah!!!! All I can remember are you comments about Dad watching the hummingbirds....hahahahahahaha.

Kimberly said...

I know, I know. I thought the same thing as I stepped outside my body and considered how much and how often I was glued to the window watching all the birds.

Like I said. You are mom, and I am dad.

Laura Koslowsky said...

Oh my, I am laughing hysterically about the bird comment. My mother has become a bird lady in her "old age". She feeds the birds each morning and literally has hundreds of birds that show up every morning to feast. When we were there a couple of weekends ago, I was so fascinated watching them, but so were my kids, especially David who discovered he could stomp his food inside and make them fly away in a huge swarm. So, maybe bird watching isn't just for old people :)

Kimberly said...

Laura - Good then! I'll cling to that hope while I am turning 31 next week. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you just gotta love God's beautiful creatures no matter how old you are. : )