Mar 19, 2010

Not What I Meant

This was not what I meant when I said I felt like something was brewing with our adoption.

Today there was small bump in the road with our case worker that made my blood pressure rise in an angry sort of way and my eyebrows furl, then rise, in an "oh, no she di'int" sort of way. Fortunately, before I had the chance to organize my thoughts and rant a little here on my blog (or whip off a frustrated email to her boss), she called back to correct her mistaken claim. I won't go into the details, because it gets tedious if you are not the direct party involved, but suffice to say, we do NOT have to pay for a full home study (which costs more than twice as much as a home study update) as she suddenly insisted we did this morning. We do, however, have to double check behind our case worker from now on as it seems we know better how to do her job than she does, we know the agency's paperwork better than she does. And that is a shame. To add insult to injury, and in fulfillment of my prediction a few days ago, our home study was not approved this week and was instead returned to our case worker to be rewritten and resubmitted. It seems she did not complete it in the correct format. Imagine me shaking my head at this news right about here, not in surprise, mind you, but at the predictability of unsatisfactory service.

Josh was careful to get her to commit to having it resubmitted by next Friday and most likely approved within the following week. To safeguard my heart from disappointment and fury when this does not go as planned, I'll go ahead and lower my expectations again and count on the end of April instead. Imagine a Kimmie huff right about here.

Honestly, it's not like we're in some terrible hurry. It's just that waiting for and then accepting someone's poor work ethic and attention to basic details is hard for me to do. Especially when I am paying them.

6 comments:

Memaw said...

I can imagine a little "Kimmie" huff but all will be well. I have
some things to huff over right now
but am trying to huff more silently
and tell papa to shut up his "Huffing!"

Kimberly said...

Ha!

Emily said...

So frustrating...and in the mean time your sweet little girl is out there waiting on these people to get their stinking acts together so their families can come get them....ahhhh.....

Anonymous said...

Amen on that one...that woman needs to take lessons from the Chik-fil-a folks. We always use the "Chik-fil-a Standard" when talking about how something should be done RIGHT, and is actually possible! CFA is proof that excellence in service can be taught.
In the meantime, I know you are frustrated, but know God's timing is always perfect.

Kimberly said...

Seriously, CFA can do no wrong in my book either. ;)

As for your latter comment, I reminded myself the same thing about this this morning. That this will all only add up to the Lord's perfect timing in our lives. And that it is my job to be more gracious and faithful during the wait.

Anonymous said...

Hard to do, but so true!