Mar 10, 2010

Three One

I am 31 today. I feel kind of indifferent about this birthday actually, which is kind of a bummer...except for the part where I don't feel bummed.  Maybe the word for it is just ... anti-climactic.

Really, today I just kind of appreciate the blessing of being home, in my comfort zone, with nowhere to go, and nothing to do except wipe Anna's nose, fix Noah's drinks, and stay off my feet b/c they hurt from the past couple days.  Josh is out of town again, so I am in survival mode. And on a day like today, since it IS my birthday, this translates into grabbing dinner from Chick-Fil-A instead of trying to cook something for myself and the half of an appetite that Noah and Anna equate to.  In the meantime...

My gift to myself - a strawberry kiwi diet Lipton Sparkling green tea. How silly is that giant title? But how delicious it is. So glad I picked up a case of these on a whim on my last grocery run.

Anna's gift to me - sprouting 4 molars...teeth #9-12 for anyone besides me who is keeping count, which I know is no one besides me. As it should be.

Noah's gift to me - some funny boy noises and acknowledgement that today is my birthday.

Josh's gift to me - an IOU for a lovely lamp, my choice. And plans set in motion for a back patio.  And a quartet of Cadbury Eggs.

Ebay's gift to me - winning a Brother Bear DVD for Noah for only $3.99 and it's already in the mail.

The day's gift to me - soothing, overcast skies, temps in the 60's, and a breeze blowing through my living room from the back porch to the front.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMIE! It sounds like a sweet day you had there. I love gifts to self. I totally justify some of my spending that way. :-)

Emily said...

Interesting...Lee will be out of town on my birthday too :( That means Natalie's also. Oh well. At least she won't really know it.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Happy Birthday! :) And yes... I'm jealous of your weather... and the breeze blowing through your open windows. So glad that winter decided to disappear in time for your special day. What a fabulous gift!

The Robinsons said...

A few days late, but Happy Birthday! :)