Mar 15, 2010

That Settles That

We were on an errand in the car today when a Taylor Swift song came on.  Between her young girl voice and her teen dating/teen love themes, I felt silly singing along.  I thought to myself how I'm probably a little too old to have her on my iPod.  I had just about decided that it was time to let those songs go - time to put my big girl pants on - when Noah piped up from the back seat and put a real exclamation mark on that train of thought. 

Noah: Mommy!
Me: Yeah, baby...
Noah (pausing to listen closer):  Dat Doodlebops?

Wow.  There's a reality check if I ever heard one.
That, folks, settles that.  Taylor's gotta go!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL I listened to her CD once and thought the same thing. I felt too old for it.

Heather said...

I found myself singing or listening to "15" or whatever the name of that song is...and I thought, "I am more than twice that age (ugh), what am I doing listening to this." Then again, who's singing about being 31? :)

Kimberly said...

Well, that's the truth - 31 is a much less poetic stage of life... :)