Mar 22, 2010

I Love

  • I love how Noah answers out loud when his show's characters ask questions to the audience.
  • I love how Noah comforts Anna by hugging her or stroking her head when she lays it on his shoulder.
  • I love how Noah makes a beeline for Anna in the morning. I love that the first thing he does when he sees her is touch her, kiss her, and ask her if she had a good sleep.
  • I love how Anna insists on wearing her play dress-up shoes on the wrong feet.
  • I love how Anna's legs grab on to me when I am holding her.
  • I love the sound of Anna's voice ... saying her newest words: thisss (fish), buh buh (ladybug), choose (excuse me), cah cah (cracker), bubba (Noah), jew jew (choo choo), moe (more), ga gadoo doo (tutu), baw (ball), buh (book)
  • I love hearing Noah talk to Anna and I giggle when she obeys him: lay down, high five, play trains, wan go outside? pay games? etc, say daddy, say mommy, you hungry?, come here, Anna no do dat!
  • I love how Anna backs up into our laps with a book for us to read to her,as if her invitation from us is a foregone conclusion.
  • I love how Noah wants his back tickled when he is feeling pouty or ornery.
  • I love how hard Anna tries to pitch a fit ... that she can't commit to more than 5 secs. of it at a time.
  • I love how Anna's bye bye wave is more like a twirly flick of the wrist.
  • I love how Noah and Anna both think that "one more " actually means one more (candy, cracker, etc) ... for each hand.
  • I love how Noah insists that a bird does not live in a nest; it lives in a tree house.
  • I love how I have to weigh and carefully choose my words to make Noah understand more difficult concepts than he is used to. I love that he is old enough to think of bigger things.
  • I love how Noah understands me when I tell him that resting his brain (aka napping) will help him make wiser choices (aka avoid needing spankings in the end).
  • I love how I can tell when Noah is hiding something - how his eyebrows raise up, how he jerks to attention, how he looks an odd mixture of surprise and confusion.
  • I love how much tinier Anna looks to us now that she is not wearing bulkier long-sleeved tops and heavy jeans.
  • I love how dutifully Anna brings me the remote EVERY time it is within her reach.
  • I love how Noah sings praise songs when he doesn't even know he is doing it - while playing video games and doing puzzles.
  • I love how sweet and pure Anna's breath still smells.
  • I love how Noah springs out of his chair and hides behind it during scarier/tense scenes in his favorite movies.
  • I love how very, very teachable Noah is, how very receptive he is to instruction and explanation.
  • I love how Noah breathlessly breathed "Uh-maz-ing" today as we spied a turkey trapped in our backyard.
  • I love how amused Anna is when she spots her drool stains on my shoulder after laying there.
  • I love how soft Anna's skin is, and how fair.
  • I love how obsessed Anna is with shoes and how she darts to bring me mine when I am getting ready to go anywhere.
  • I love when Noah and Anna sit side-by-side entranced in front a movie.

5 comments:

Kimberly C said...

too cute Kimberly :)

Emily said...

Ok it's official, I'm inspired and I'm going to copy you like back when we were growing up ...only this time I hope you don't get mad at your copy-cat little sister :) lol.

Amy Faye Brown said...

This makes me wish I could hit the reverse button on my two and go back to their toddler years. I miss them so.

Kimberly said...

I know, Amy. I think a momma's heart will always be soft for the days when her babies were little.

I got weepy on the home today listening to that "You're Gonna Miss This" song that I posted about a year or so ago. I already feel the heartache of knowing every day, every month, every year I get closer to missing these moments, missing my babies. I can't imagine not having them near and yet I know I am only training them for that very thing.

Maybe I just got weepy because my heart is so full and I feel it keenly. Raising my children is just the most fun, most filling thing I think I could ever do. Certainly the Lord built a Momma's hear to feel that way.

Kimberly said...

Emily, are you kidding me? Copy away...although I am sure I am not the first to want to trap every last memory of my family when it was so young. :)

Copy away, for sure, and know that I will be chomping at the bit to read your list.