Apr 10, 2017

Last April 5th and 10th

Ummmm. 

Just realized we just passed this anniversary. Custody.  Temp custody to be exact, but the very same pivotal change in the whole journey.

April 5th to be exact.  But today, the 10th, is the date I got the post about it all cranked out.

It's heavy to me all over again.  How long it's been.  How little and how much has changed for Angelique, for Lasa, for us, for how I feel about Jonah's Journey.  What hasn't changed is how I feel the emotions - raw, right there under my skin - and yet somehow kept just carefully in check.  I am in quiet slow tears typing this out right now, in fact.  I don't even know what the tears are for.  That's just where I am.

The limbo is still the same now as it was then.  The difference now is that it's not as straining. 

3 comments:

Emily said...

oy. Raw. I can understand that.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Oh friend. Am going through my inbox and realized I left this to return to to say... wow. What a lot and yet not a lot has transpired in the past year. You have done and are doing a good job of loving Lasa and Angelique through all of this. Those quiet tears are certainly understandable. Praying with you for God to continue to work in all of your lives to bring about His good and glory for Lasa girl. Love you!

Kimberly said...

Thank you, friend!! Seriously.