Apr 28, 2017

Berry Season's Back!

I can't believe I don't remember ever picking strawberries as a kid.  This has become such a staple of all our springs here in TN, I can't imagine that my kids could ever forget this fun tradition.  Berries for lifffffffffffffffffe!  This year we made two different types of freezer jam, popsicles, syrup, strawberry shortcake, and just plain old strawberries dipped in sugar or whipped cream.  

 
 
 
 

I realized this week that, as many times as we have been, Josh has never gone with us!  We've gone with friends many a time, with cousins, with Memaw even!, but never a Daddy since we always go during the week in the mornings.  Since Lasa was not with us for this run this week, I think we might try to pop back by there again after hours or on the weekend so they can both take in the full berry-season goodness at last.

No comments: