Jul 15, 2014

Word Junkie: Anna Edition

You won't be surprised to know that I have been keeping a running list of words my five year old says that strike me as impressive as they roll off her tongue in natural conversation and perfect context. After I marvel that she knows the word, I always ask her where she learned it because, truly, I had no idea she knew such a word.  That girl is gonna be a wordsmith.

track
retreat
situated
consequences
everlasting
image
dowel
original
concerned
nearly
indigo
amusement
hilarious
insist
beige
exhausted
dehydrated
secure
tempt
volunteer
eager
automatic
propeller
cooperate
perhaps
dramatically
gadget
obstacle
illustrated
obvious
exquisite
confidential
finale
interested (always pronounced, insterested)

5 comments:

Emily said...

I can totally hear her saying those words...how funny! *she'sgonnabesoboredinKindergarten*

: }

Kimberly said...

I so worry about that. But I also have hope that it will be a good reality check that proves she is still just my baby and that kindergarten is still just what the dr. ordered. We shall see.

We did just find out who her teacher will be and we are really pumped about who she got. That went a long way in getting ME excited about K for her. :} Registration is next week.

Emily said...

:)

I'm sure she will enjoy all the activities she does throughout out the day. and all the socializing....and pretend play at recess. You'll be hearing all about it, I'm sure!!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Ha! I agree with Emily... she's going to be so bored with the simple stuff of kindergarten... or then again she just might be thrilled with the simplicity and routine. Either way, I'm sure you will absolutely be hearing about it... unlike Noah's school days where you tried and tried to get more than a few words from him about his day. ;-) One thing is for sure though, you're gonna miss your girl. Do you plan to homeschool after kindergarten or are you taking it one year at a time?

Kimberly said...

That's for sure, Elizabeth. I might have to teach her to type so she can blog all the school details herself. Ha!

And the answer to your question is yes to both. Ha! I have it in mind to bring her home after Kindergarten, but really we will play it by ear this year. Josh is on board with her doing exactly what Noah did ... K and 1st ...