Jul 8, 2014

Seeing Green

I apologize for posting about garden stuff AGAIN.  How annoying, I am sure.  But for the girl/the gardener, every new day is a ... well, a new day! And we like to appreciate and remember our days round these parts. :}  That's the hazard of life with a blogger.  Some of the newest green we've seen...

Cucumbers coming out of our ears!  I picked twelve one day and knew there was no way Noah (our only cucumber eater in the house) was gonna be able to keep up.


So I tried my hand at a homemade pickle recipe that a friend of mine swears by and quickly converted those fresh cucumbers into dill pickles!  First time ever!


Today they sit upside down, tomorrow right side up, and then they are good to go ... go as in refrigerate and EAT. Oh, please be delicious, little pickles. I want to gobble you up!


I have a crush on Josh's corn plants that I never would have planted myself. But every day I water them and adore their long, lush green leaves, their impressively strong stalks, and this pretty feathery thing they have started doing up top.


Not a bad view.

 

And then I turn around and admire our watermelon patch that is slowly taking over that whole corner of the yard.  And we have another pretty little cucumber in the works.


The ones I posted the other day are growing so quickly!

  

Much better than the last time we planted watermelon.


Guess it's about time to plant those pumpkin seeds finally.  Fun!

7 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Gushing over greenery?
Love it!
Curious to how those pickled cukes turn out.

Kimberly said...

I will absolutely let you know ... after Noah takes the first adventurous test bite. Ha!

Emily said...

Ohhhhhh I want some dill pickles! Save a jar for when we visit!...if we visit...if you're not in the middle of a move...keep us posted!

Kimberly said...

Is Labor Day really only a month and a half away?!? That is crazy!

Emily said...

Yes it IS! and school for us starts in 3 weeks! ...What?! We've only just started our summer fun with friends and pool play! Geez! Here's to hoping we get to see you guys in less than 2 months. If not we totally understand, we'll just have to plan a new home visit once you're settled.

We haven't talked in HOW LONG?! We need a phone call...I need more details!!

Kimberly said...

PS for Amy - The pickles get BIG thumbs up! Noah said they are the best he's ever had and is gobbling them quickly. Yay! What fun!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I came here wondering how the pickles turned out too. ;-) And your fascination with the garden is 100% completely understandable in my world. I am so looking forward to living in a home one day where we have space to have a garden. And speaking of homes... after reading these comments, now I'm curious about yours. ;-)