Jul 26, 2014

12 Things for 12 Years

Tomorrow Joshua and I mark 12 years together.  Gets me thinking about that life we had that long ago and how much has changed in the last 12 years - a lot! After all our moves, upgrades, our many clutter purges, and my infamous habits of selling off what we don't use, there is not much left in our home that has been with us since the beginning. But I did manage to find a few things.  And so, a list in honor of 12.

Twelve things we have had for the entirety of our 12 years ...

The Nautica shower curtain that is in the kids' bathroom given to us by my partner teacher at the time, Krissie Carter (now Robinson, of course), at our wedding shower.  LOVE it still.  In fact, when Josh accidentally got bleach on it (while cleaning the bathroom, bless him), I replaced it with the exact same shower curtain the first chance I got.  I realize that doesn't make it the exact one from 12 years ago, but I write the blog and I say it counts. :}


This pretty little Oneida dish given to me by Leanne Penman, one of my student's parents that year.  I always serve my black bean layer dip in it and fresh fruit.  I don't really have many presentable dishes, so this one is my go-to for those purposes as often as I can. 


All our china ... which has yet to ever be used, I am afraid. :S  Most of it is still in the boxes they were given to us in.  MUCH of it was given to us by Josh's grandmother, June.  They are all up in the attic and we are in the middle of summer, so I didn't make Josh go get them down for a picture. :(

This clock, given to us by another teacher on our grade level, Debbie Gottlieb.  We still grin to this day at the mention of her name.  She was a character. And a sweet one, at that. 


This can opener given to us by another teacher friend, Brandee Pach.  I had to clean it all up for this picture, truth be told. It gets a lot of use and it shows on a day-to-day basis.


Our flatware - which I am sorry to say I cannot recall who gifted us that. I keep telling Josh it's time to upgrade, but we just never get around to it. Maybe this year!


This pizza stone given to us by a friend of Josh's from Gainesville, Lynn Hulsey.  I remember thinking at the time that it was the most random thing to give as a gift, especially since we didn't register for one, but ... man alive, has this thing gotten some use.  Great gift, I say! Ha!


These pretty decorative plates from Crate and Barrel that my sweet MIL got for us to decorate our first place (Josh's former bachelor pad) there on Lake Lanier.  I had them on the wall right above the sink and they matched the house and room perfectly.  Love them still.


Our wedding album.  I just wish we hadn't skipped hiring a videographer.  That's my only wedding planning regret.


All our Pyrex dishes and Corningware.  God bless whoever hooked us up with all those.  Thank the Lord also that I know what to do with it all after all these years. :}  There's actually a lot more than made it into this picture, but I know you get the idea.


Our Kitchenaid Stand Mixer, generously gifted to us by Josh's partner teacher, Peggy Coutler.  I am sorry we are not still in touch with her any more. She was an important friendship for a time in both our lives.


My engagement ring, obviously. :}  Still ADORE it.  When Noah is out buying an engagement ring one day, I am gonna insist that he splurge on a great one.  It's worth it in the long run. ♥  If she's gonna wear it forever, might as well make her grin every day she sees it.  I sure do!


And there ya go.  Twelve things we've had ever since we got married ... besides each other. :}
_
_
_

Late addition to post - I remembered another thing we've had our whole marriage long!  These two awesomely big and well-made beach towels given to us by my Aunt Judy and Uncle Mike.  Small tidbit, this is the same aunt that gave me two fresh, thick, gorgeous towels for my high school graduation gift to take to college.  I still have those to this day as well. :}


So, this 13th installment added to my list of 12 will just be a bonus for a great 13th year that we are beginning. :D

2 comments:

Emily said...

That was fun! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! That pizza stone...looks like it has seen better days....hahah!!! we have never used one of those...and I'm so jealous of your Kitchenaid. Shoot. you got awesome things for your wedding!

Kimberly said...

I thought the same thing, but I have since learned that the stone is finally seasoned by all that use. Which is funny, because most of the time I wrap it in foil... those "seasoning" are from very few uses without foil. Ha!