Jul 30, 2014

The Kayoe's Maiden Voyage

Josh's kayak-that-looks-like-a-canoe (hence, my nickname for it of kayoe) came last week and Josh could not get it out on the water fast enough!  I am lucky he even waited for me to wake up Saturday.  I really expected him to be out the door with the kids before 8.  But I was thankful he did wait up so I could tag along to document his maiden voyage in his new toy.

While Josh inflated the kayoe, I set up home base on a blanket in the shade under a tree not too far from where he would launch.

My view to the left...


My view to the right.

  

My view to the front.  Ha!


The kiddos eagerly donned their life jackets.


The kayoe was ready in no time.


For anyone who's curious, this bad boy will hold up to 750 pounds.  I believe it is technically a fishing kayak.  There is a TON of room in it!


Daddy with his ducklings headed for the water ...


Off they went!


 

They really enjoyed themselves and took their time.



Anna took a break and Josh headed back off with Noah.



Just a barge passing through.


Going out for another spin after a water break.  Anna was back in by then.


Washing off duck poop before they left. : / 



I basked in the quiet and the breeze and the view and a good read while they explored.


Hi there!


Then I got distracted with taking pics again.  Clearly.



Then the crew was back and we called it a day.


Til next weekend, that is. :}  If Josh didn't have such a hectic week at work, he'd be going back sooner for sure.  Living for the weekend now!

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

My two goons have been taking our canoe out.
I was promised a trip this week, but it hasn't happened yet.
I think their next voyage is taking them from the safe confines of the Alaqua Creek to the Choctawhatchee Bay.

Kimberly said...

Whoa, those names are a mouthful! We were just on Old Hickory Lake. Ha!

Emily said...

a blow up kayak huh? Interesting! I've never seen one of those before. What a fun time!

Kimberly said...

We'll have to go out on it while y'all are here!

Emily said...

that would FUN!!! WE'll bring the kids life jackets!