Jul 30, 2014

Anna's First "Real" Day of K

Monday, Anna went to school for only a half hour to do some kindergarten testing and a quick new teacher photo, 


but today she went for a longer stay -  a whole half day of school including lunch! What a thrill it was for Anna to look forward to.  How thrilling, you might ask?  Well, I'll tell you.  Thrilling enough that this child for whom I usually have to hound and harass and harp at to get each and every thing done in the mornings had everything done HERSELF before she even dismounted the stairs at 6:45!  I mean, she was even dressed and hair brushed before she left her room and then she proceeded to brush her teeth before coming down for breakfast.  And then she proceeded to eat it all in one sitting and went right back upstairs to brush her teeth again ... because we all know Flintstones vitamins leave you with the parting gift of bad breath. :} 

Our morning went so smoothly, there was even 10 minutes for her and Noah to play before we pulled out and picked up Claire on the way to school.  Anna was comfortable enough with the school idea to let me drop her off in the car line and go in with Claire.  Josh, on the other hand, felt like I should walk her in and see her directly to her classroom.  I went ahead and did that and Noah and I scooted our way out the door without looking back.  Piece of cake.  No "first day" drama from this momma!  When it's right, it's right!  And for my almost-six-year old baby love, this year it's totally right. ♥

She entered that room with her first assignment completed - her All About Me character.


And she entered that room busting at the seams to also give her teacher the card she made for her with extra bits of "pizzazz" (her word, not mine!). 


It reads, "Hi, Mrs White. I bet we are going to have a great time together in school.  Love Anna Brown, 167 W(imbledon) C(ourt) G(allatin) T(ennessee)." 

And have a great time at school, she did!  Her teacher posted pics on the class webpage so I snagged a couple of those.



She talked my ear off when I picked her up with all the heart and grins and animation her little heart could hold.  "I had the greatest day ever!" I heard about her new friend (whom she forgot the name of), the book they read (The Kissing Hand, of course), the note that fell out of it at the end (from the main character, Chester, a raccoon), and the clues they followed from that note and others around the school (office, nurse, library, cafeteria, classroom, etc.) to find Chester.  I heard about a jar of marbles they use for compliments they receive from other teachers, I heard about how Mrs. White says they are the best class she has ever had before, I heard how they colored, and I certainly heard about the pocket chart where they earn gold cards and cash them in for prizes. Oh, the delight!  I grinned, too, to recall how I couldn't get out any details from Noah's kindergarten year and how Anna could not stop offering more and more info without my even trying.  "And guess what?" "And GUESS. WHAT. ELSE!"  "And Mrs. White said..."  "And you know what else?" "And den we..."

Too. Much. Fun, y'all!

Not to mention, Too Much Cuteness.  A shot I got when I followed the girls into school. :}


Mommarazzi Moment for sure. ♥

No comments: