Dec 13, 2013

Thinkin' 'bout Thanksgivin'

I loved our week with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday. I don't even know where to begin, so maybe I will just let myself off the hook and the let the pictures do most of the talking.  

Fun with our GA cousins.


Fun with our FL cousins.


First Polar Express viewing of the season.


The uncles/papa also counted in the fun cousin category thanks to all their big boy toys.


Noah even learned to drive the Kubota! By the end of the visit, he was doing some solo flights around the yard ... if you don't count me watching warily from the window. :}


Besides all this and Papa John's train room, Noah and Anna enjoyed the tree swing.



Another sunny (and very windy) day we picnicked with some friends, Shannon and Elizabeth, who were home from the Czech. It was so great to catch up and meet their new baby love, Rebeka. 


The kids were so patient while the grown ups chatted away the hours.  In all their explorations, they even found a new friend of their own to get to know.


It was nice to check out Memaw's new place that she worked hard to get ready for us all.


I enjoyed the view out front


and other pretty things Carol has collected along the way.


We enjoyed the lights on Memaw's lovely tree.


And on a couple cool nights, we enjoyed light a la campfire, complete with smores and/or fireworks depending on which night you caught us.



On Thanksgiving day, this blessed character and a couple of the aunts pulled together the best Thanksgiving feast I can remember.  So yum!


And speaking of characters, it took us all a few days to get used to this look on Papa. 


He even modeled a side view for me when I asked. :}  Good sport!  Good look, too, I have decided.


 After our Thanksgiving dinner, we were sure to move everyone outside to snap some family pics again.  It's been awhile! So pleased with how it turned out.


Josh and his brothers and cousin showing off their full bellies. So mature. :}  All the best family moments are, you know.


Speaking of maturity, the apples don't fall far from the tree. Ha!

 

Speaking of mature, don't miss Anna's face in this one. : /


Seriously though.  I just love all of this crew!
 
Johnmark, Amy, Rebeka, and Aaron.


Jason, Yesi, Holly, and Hannah.


It was a fun surprise to have Aunt Kathy come around again, too, with Justin, Robin, and Jacob.


And in other FL Thanksgiving news, us girls got to sneak off to see The Book Thief together.  I loved the girl time; it meant I wasn't the only crying at the end. :} Another night, while I watched Auburn win an exciting game, Memaw kindly allowed Anna to get out all her Christmas decorations. Noah got in on the action, too, and became quite obsessed with her nutcrackers.


Before heading over to Disney on Sunday, we got to see her perform with her choir and hand bell group at church.


Thanksgiving was relaxing and amusing and refreshing and special and just plain fun.  So excited to hear we will get to share Christmas with Memaw and Papa John again, too, in just a couple weeks. 


Speaking of those two, this is my favorite shot from the visit.  Carol's first time on John's bike. 


Thanksgiving 2013 is in the books at long last.
Can't imagine how we will ever top this one!

Next up, pics from Noah's afternoon with Tania and Justin.

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

You captured it beautifully and perfectly!
I love the smile on my boy's face in our family shot.
Looking forward to some summer visits!

Kimberly said...

Thanks! As for your boy - judging by his blurry hand, he was about to do something mischevious. :} It's a great pic of all of you!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Family = Fun and I agree with Amy you captured this well. So glad that we were able to see you!!! If you find yourselves in FL again before April 15th, please do let us know!

Kimberly said...

Will do! (And is it just me or does April 15th sound WAY far away? I feel tired for you, just thinking of it.)